Renewal of driver license in Qatar today is much easier compared to the past processes due to the fast-evolving of technology. Qatar utilizes the power of the internet for its services to the residents.
Metrash2 and Moi web portal is a public e-service that provides citizens of Qatar with a simple way to use MOI services on their mobile devices.
This post will guide you on the renewal of your driver’s license in Qatar through the Metrash2 app and Moi website. Aside from that, learn how you can check the validity, online payment, and license fee of your driving license renewal.
With that being said, let’s dive into the details.
Renewal of Driver License in Qatar Online And Offline
There are three ways you can easily renew your driving license in Qatar online and offline. First, Download and register to the Metrash2 application on your device, and the renewal of a driver’s license is so simple through the app.
On the other hand, Going to the Moi website to renew your driving license is also quite easy. If online does not suit you, you can pay a visit to the traffic department.
What Do I Need For The Renewal Of My Driving License In Qatar?
- Renewal online with the Metrash2 app on your device, a credit or debit card to complete the transaction is what you’ll only need.
- If the renewal of your driver’s license is at the traffic department, you’ll need to bring your previous license along with a credit or debit card.
- If you’re renewing your license online through the MOI website, you’ll also need your smart card.
Follow the step-by-step guide below so that you can renew your driving license in Qatar: Here are the three ways you can use it for renewal:
- Metrash2 App
- Moi Website(Smartcard Required)
- Traffic Department
How To Renew Qatar Drivers License in Metrash2 App
- Open and log in to your Metrash2 app on your device
- Click the “Traffic” icon
- Then, click on the “License service” icon
- followed by clicking the “Renew Driving License”, Then Enter your Qatar ID and click next
- Choose between the Qpost or Traffic department on claiming your driving license card
- lastly, pay the desired amount for the driver’s license renewal via debit or credit card.
#1 Open and log in to your Metrash2 app on your device
After downloading the Metrash2 app on your device or if you did not download it yet, you can go to the following links and choose your device operating system (Android or IOS) to download the Metrash2 App.
Also, To access the Metrash2 app registration is required and you will need your Qatar ID and mobile number registered under your QID. The registration will just take you a minute to complete the process within the application and it is quite simple.
#2 Click the “Traffic” icon
Now that you are registered on Metrash2, log in to it and Find the “traffic” icon on the home screen. Take note that the app offers more than 200 useful services that can access by residents of Qatar.
Metrash2 services offer Qatar residents an easy way to access the Ministry of interior or Moi services on their mobile devices. where they can validate, renew, track their official documents.
What Are Some Moi/Metrash2 Services
Here are some of the services that can be found in the Metrash2 app:
- Visa inquiry
- Traffic violations
- Driver license renewal
- Qatar ID validation
- Entry and exit permit
- Changing employers and more
#3 Click on the “License service” icon
Under the License service home page, there are 7 options available related to Driver licensing. These service pages will help you to request or apply for any query you need for your driving license. And these are:
- Replace Lost/Damaged License – Request for a replacement of a lost or damaged license card
- Renew Driving License – Apply for a Qatar driving license renewal
- Appointment License Test – Schedule an appointment driving license test
- License NOC – Request for a License NOC
- Renew Learning Driving Permit – Apply to renew your learning driving permit
- Issue Driving License – To check your Driving license issue
- Report Lost License – Report a lost license
#4 Followed by clicking the “Renew Driving License”, and Entering Qatar ID
Once you click the renew driving license, you need to enter your Qatar ID and click “Next”.
#5 Choose between the Qpost or Traffic department on claiming your driving license card
The delivery of your new Qatar driving license card can be done by Qpost, but an additional 20 QR for the delivery charge. Otherwise, you can claim your new Qatar driver’s license card by going to the traffic department office.
#6 Pay the Amount of Driving license renewal in Qatar
Renewal of driving license payment is via debit or credit card.
Renewal of Driver License In Qatar Through Moi Website (Smartcard)
Through the Ministry of Interior’s online website, applicants can renew their own driving licenses as well as the driving licenses of anyone under their personal sponsorship. Qataris and residents with smart ID cards are eligible for this service.
Here are the simple steps for the renewal of driver license in Qatar:
- Log in to MOI’s e-services portal with your smartcard
- Click on the “Traffic Services” icon
- Find and select the “Driving licenses” icon
- Select the icon for ‘Driving License Renewal”
- Choose whether you want to renew your driver’s license or another sponsored person’s.
- View the information on your driver’s license.
- Choose a new delivery method for your driver’s license.
- Pay any outstanding fees and print a receipt.
Renewal of Driver License in Qatar via Traffic Department
Let’s say you do not want to use the online service to renew your driver’s license, Visiting the traffic department is also a good option. A few times I renewed my driver’s license in the traffic department and it’s so fast.
You cannot see a queue because of the many counter available for visitors. follow the steps below:
- Pay a visit to the Traffic Department.
- Obtain a token from the front desk.
- Go to the counter and present your old driver’s license when your token number is displayed.
- Use a credit or debit card to pay the cost.
- Within a few minutes, you will have your renewed driver’s license.
How Much Is The Renewal Of Driver License In Qatar?
How much is the cost of renewal of a Driver’s license in Qatar? The cost for the renewal of a driving license is 500 QR for Qataris with a 10 years validity and 250 QR for Non-Qataris valid for 5 years. However, A 20 QR delivery charge is in addition if applicable if you choose the Qpost option.
How To Check The Validity Of Driver License in Qatar?
To check the validity of your Qatar driving license you can go to the Moi website portal. Aside from license validity, Upon clicking the “Official Documents” icon other details of your documents record will be shown on the same page.
Follow these steps to find out details of your official documents within the Moi web portal.
- Go to Moi’s website
- Click on the “Official Documents” icon
- Enter your QID number
- Type in the verification code and click “Search”
As you can see, Details of your important documents will be shown. It comprised of your ID card, passport, residency, and your Qatar driver’s license card expiry date.
Also, You can check the validity of your Qatar driving license in the Metrash2 app. On your device open the app and log in. On the top of the home screen, find and click on “My Info”.
A Renewal of a driving license in Qatar can easily be done online or you can go directly to the traffic department. You can renew your license six months before the expiry date if you want, but not more than one month after it expired.
Renewal of Qatar driver’s license in the Metrash2 app will just take you a few minutes. You can check your driving license validity through the Moi website or Metrash2. Do not drive any motor vehicle without a valid driving license.
What were Qatar driving license renewal options have you tried? Share with us in the comment section below. If you find value in this article share it on your social media handles.
Related Post You Might Like: